Sterinova is a sterilising tablets made easy for cleaning milk bottles. It is convenient and effective method for safely sterilising babies feeding equipment. Sterinova is US EPA approved.
Efficacy tests were undertaken to determine activity against bacteria of the Sterinova solution. The tests were performed by an independent US FDA registered laboratory at different temperatures and with milk concentration up to 1% (equivalent to 50ml of milk deposit in a typical 5 litre sterilising unit).
In all cases, all the micro-organisms were dead well within the 30 minute disinfecting period used in the Sterinova method.
From what types of bacteria does Sterinova give protection? Sterinova sterilising tablets will effectively kill the following pathogens:
- Bacteria : Escherichia coli, which causes food poisoning, gastroenteritis, diarrhoea and sickness
- Staphylococcus aureus, which causes food poisoning, diarrhoea, sickness and skin ionfections
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which causes skin infection, rashes and pustules
- Enterococcus faecium, which causes food poisoning, diarrhoea and sickness;
- Salmonella Typhimurium which causes food poisoning, septicaemia, enteric fever, gastroenteritis and diarrhoea
- Mycobacteria: Mycobacterium spp, which causes lung infection
- Fungi: Candida albicans which causes oral thrush (candidiasis)