Aquatabs Food Safe is an effervescent tablet used for washing fresh fruits and vegetables, making them safe for consumption. This is achieved through killing micro-organisms such as Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella spp. and Escherichia coli in the process.
Aquatabs Food safe is available in a 1.67 g tablet which treats 20 litres of warm water to give 50 ppm available chlorine in solution. The Troclosene Sodium (active ingredient) used in Aquatabs Food Safe is US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved.
The biocidal capacity of NaDCC is far superior to other chlorine disinfectants for 2 reasons:
- It produces a neutral hypochlorous acid solution which is more biocidal than alkaline hypochlorite solutions.
- Only 50% of the total chlorine is free, the rest is combined, this equilibrium gives improved efficiency and safety in use when compared to other chlorine agents.
- Aquatabs Food Safe Active ingredient NaDCC is approved to international standards with NSF/ANSI Standard 60 certification and are manufactured to full pharmaceutical standards.
Aquatabs Food-Safe product benefits:
- It is a broad range biocide that kills a wide range of micro-organisms.
- Simple to prepare, use, store
- Easily transported, cost effective and affordable
- No adverse effect on food which comes in contact with the treated surface.
Aquatabs Food Safe Efficacy Studies
- Independent tests by accredited laboratories and universities have evaluated the effectiveness of Aquatabs Food Safe by conducting controlled tests of the tablet on fresh fruits and vegetables. Aquatabs Food Safe tablet has been verified to reduce or in many cases eliminate pathogens to non-hazardous levels. It has been shown to improve the storage life of fresh produce through spoilage tests, shelf life and sensory studies.