Klorsept is an effervescent disinfectant tablets. It is a powerful, safe, disinfection tablets which is powerfully active against bacteria, viruses, mycobacteria, fungi and spores.
Klorsept solutions can be mixed with anionic detergents or non-ionic detergents such as soap and washing up liquids to clean and disinfect at the same time.
What is Klorsept?
- Klorosept is a broad spectrum biocide in an effervescent tablet form when added to water. It releases an exact disinfectant does, giving it complete reliability in use.
- It is used to disinfect high, intermediate and low level environmental surfaces in clinical settings.
- Specially formulated to give exact and easy to prepare disinfecting solutions with broad spectrum activity against micro organisms including :
- Clostridium difficile spores in 4 minutes
- Bacteria: Escherichia spp, Campylobacter, C. difficile spores, E.coli 0157, Enterococcus, Leptospira, Listeria, MRSA, Pseudomonas spp, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus,
- Mycobacteria: Tuberculosis
- Fungi: Aspergillus, Candida and others
- Spores: Bacillus spp.
- Virus: Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV) , Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), Herpe virus, Poliomyelitis, SARS, coronavirus, Bird Flu, H1N1 (Swine Flu), Norovirus
What are the advantages of Klorsept versus other Chlorine Disinfectants?
- Klorsept solutions are neutral, enhancing their activity, but other chlorine disinfectants are alkaline and much less effective.
- Klorsept in solution has “bound” and “free” in equilibrium. As free reactive chlorine is used inactivating microorganisms, some bound chlorine is released to restore equilibrium and maintain the biocidal effectiveness of the Klorsept solution. This effectiveness is maintained until all the “bound” chlorine is consumed. Other chlorine disinfectants do not have this stabilising mechanism and do not remain effective biocides for as long as Klorsept.
- A closed tub of Klorsept remains stable for 3 years, whereas some hypochlorite products can lose activity in a few months.
- Hypochlorites and other disinfectants are manufactured to various compositions and strengths. Therefore it is necessary to check and evaluate before calculating the required dosage.
- Klorsept is less tarnishing and less corrosive than hypochlorite and will not leave streaks or residues on high gloss floors. EPA registered.